Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility in the Canadian Construction Sector: A Practical Guide to CSR (October 2017)
This guide answers questions like:
- What does corporate social responsibility (CSR) mean for companies in Canada’s construction industry?
- Why is it important for a company to consider CSR?
- How can CSR help your company achieve greater success?
The guide also provides you the tools and framework you need to manage CSR within your company. It identifies how to create value for stakeholders while also creating value for the firm in the form of brand recognition, employee retention, cost savings, enhanced risk management, among other benefits.
This material is available as a free download to CCA members from the Member login section.
Focus on CSR Series
November 8, 2017: What Is Corporate Social Responsibility?
November 15, 2017: How to Get Started on Corporate Social Responsibility?
November 22, 2017: Practical Advice for Sole Operators
November 29, 2017: What Is Driving Corporate Social Responsibility?
December 6, 2017: How Does Integrated Project Delivery Support Corporate Social Responsibility?
December 13, 2017: Corporate Social Responsibility’s Business Benefits
CCA CSR Policy Statement
Canadian Construction Association (CCA) recognizes that corporate social responsibility (CSR) is a rapidly evolving issue and affects companies differently depending on their size, location and specialization. CCA recognizes the importance of CSR, and encourages companies to voluntarily undertake initiatives that enable them to operate in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
CSR: State of Play in the Construction Industry
- How the Circular Economy Could End Take-Make-Waste Businesses
- Sustainable Value Chains: A Critical Innovation Strategy for Your Business
- Creating Business Value while Generating Social Value
- Conscious Capitalism: Creating a New Paradigm for Business (PDF)
- 7 Steps for Putting Corporate Responsibility at the Heart of Your Business
Government of Canada Resources
- Global Affairs Canada – What is CSR
- SME Sustainability Roadmap
- Labour Program – Supporting CSR Initiatives
- International CSR Standards
- Defining CSR at EDC
- CSR – An Implementation Guide for Canadian Business
- CSR Toolkit
The purpose of this webpage is to display educational content on CSR. No part of it constitutes professional advice, and CCA does not accept any responsibility or liability for loss or damage that may result from its interpretation and use. The display of this content does not represent an endorsement of it or any part of it by CCA.