Become a CONtact mentee
A CONtact mentee is an emerging innovator with a product or service that will aid in transforming the Canadian construction industry. Mentees are committed to learning and aspire to become successful innovators and leaders within the construction industry.
Why become a mentee?
The CONtact program helps entrepreneurs and innovators to launch, modify or expand their products or service for industry adoption. After an individual successfully becomes a CONtact mentee, they will be connected with an appropriate mentor or mentors, enabling them to expand their network and connect with leading industry professionals with the goal of helping refine their product or service offering.
Becoming a CONtact mentee and taking advantage of the mentor program is a great way for aspiring entrepreneurs to showcase their products and ideas.
The CONtact innovator mentorship program is a valuable opportunity for mentees to learn and tap into the knowledge of established industry professionals not only to refine their product or idea but also to build lasting relationships within the industry.
If travel is required, CONtact may cover the eligible travel costs for a single face-to-face meeting with the mentor.
- You are an entrepreneur or innovator with a product or service with an innovative solution for the Canadian construction industry and based in Canada;
- You are an incorporated, profit-oriented small- or medium-sized business in Canada;
- You have 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees;
- You plan to pursue growth and profit by developing and commercializing innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services or processes in Canada;
- If it is a technology-based product or service, the innovation could be at any stage of the technological readiness scale seeking to improve the offering.
Note: CCA, CCI or the mentors are not responsible for commercialization of the mentee’s product or service.
Mentees will be chosen after a careful consideration based on the criteria established by the CONtact advisory council.
“The CCA mentorship opportunity provided us valuable feedback to validate and refine our product offering. It was fantastic to not only receive beneficial insights but also the enthusiasm to use our platform. We highly encourage others with innovative ideas for the industry to make use of this golden opportunity.”
John Reid, Co-founder, Faber Technologies Inc.
- All mentee applicants must apply online (or be referred to the program by NRC IRAP) before August 30, 2019 to be chosen as a mentee. CCI may decide at its discretion to re-open or extend the deadline.
- Applicants will be chosen after a careful consideration based on the criteria established by the advisory council.
- Mentors will be chosen based on their interest and suitability with the mentee.
- CCI will facilitate only a single one-on-one meeting either in person or virtual.
- CONtact may cover the eligible travel costs for both mentors and mentees for a single face-to-face meeting.
- CCA or CCI are not responsible for commercialization of the mentee’s product or service.
- CCA or CCI do not guarantee funding for the mentee’s product or idea.
- Once selected, a confidentiality agreement must be signed by participating mentors and mentees.
- CCA and CCI do not hold any legal responsibility and are not accountable for any dispute arising between the mentor or mentee at the meeting or thereafter.
- CCA and CCI do not hold any responsibility and are not accountable for any subsequent meetings.
- CONtact is governed by a CCI/CCA advisory council and all decisions of the council are final.