Manager, Education and Gold Seal Certification Program (16-month maternity leave replacement)
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) is the national association representing the construction industry; an industry that employs 1.5 million people and contributes 7.2% of GDP. Our 20,000 members proudly build Canada and are increasingly using technology to improve safety and productivity.
The education, and Gold Seal Certification program manager is the ambassador for the Gold Seal Certification program and our new member education program. Through inspirational team leadership, your primary objective is to lead the charge on CCA educational programs that advance professionalism in the construction industry and help our members in their continued success. This highly visible and key role works with multiple stakeholders from university administrators to educators, learners, and leaders in the construction industry to develop and deliver our valued educational offerings and resources. Living the promise of achieving excellence, you are an entrepreneur with a passion for brand building, professionalism and education.
- Develop and oversee the operations of the Gold Seal Certification program;
- Maintain a deep understanding of our products, consumers, categories, and competition to develop insights and strategies to drive the business;
- Analyze trends, business results, and the competitive environment;
- Identify consumer insights and translate insights into action;
- Be the Gold Seal ambassador through marketing initiatives, monthly webinars, industry events, and conferences;
- Prepare and coordinate a training program for the CCA and Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) documents service in support of product adoption and use;
- Prepare and coordinate training programs for other CCA services or initiatives as prioritized;
- Work with the local construction associations on the development and distribution of our education programs;
- Identify and evaluate potential new education services that enhance or support CCA offerings.
- Develop the annual strategic plan update and annual plan including process, timing, content, monitoring, reporting;
- Coordinate with the public affairs team to plan education content regularly scheduled on social media channels including live webinars, Facebook, Facebook Live and Instagram to both students and end consumers;
- Work collaboratively with public affairs team to coordinate on promotion and development of promotional content for the educational offerings;
- Provide support and information to other departments and staff as needed to facilitate timely and effective delivery of individual responsibilities;
- Liaise with the Gold Seal Committee and provide support to its chair;
- Optimize resources by using a combination of permanent staff, contractors, consultants or third parties as necessary;
- Manage and lead in accord with CCA’s values;
- Develop, coordinate, manage and monitor annual budgets against plans in areas of responsibility;
- Track, analyze and report on results and make recommendations for areas of improvement; and
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- University degree and 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in developing and implementing education and certification programs;
- Demonstrated experience managing people;
- Bilingual preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication/presentation skills, with an ability to connect with a variety of people;
- Superior organizational and planning skills;
- Project manager;
- Strategic thinker;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Marketing and promotion skills;
- Knowledge of online education platforms;
- Able to grasp new technology;
- Ability to determine priorities, be self-directed and work with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in a variety of online education computer applications;
- Knowledge of construction industry an asset;
- Travel required.
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.